The Colloquium scientific sessions will be held at the Auditorium of the Caleidoscópio Academic Center in Campo Grande Garden (or Mário Soares Garden) on 9th and 11th October. The registration will also take place at the Auditorium.
Lunches are included in the conference fee and will be served in building C7, at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (FCUL) 9th and 11th October. It is a 1-2 minute walk (1oom) from the Caleidoscópio Auditorium to the Faculty.
The welcome reception on 8th October will take place at the Lisbon Museum – Pimenta Palace.
The “Palácio Pimenta” is the main site of the Museum of Lisbon and presents the evolution of the city from the human occupation of the territory during pre-history to the early twentieth century. The Museum of Lisbon hosts long-term as well as temporary exhibitions, and has a documentation and service centre.
The building is a summer palace from the first half of the XVIII century, built between 1734 and 1746 by Diogo de Sousa Mexia, a prominent person in the reigns D. Pedro II and D. João V.
In 1962, the palace was bought by Lisbon City Council which intended to establish the City Museum here, after the renovation of the building and gardens. The Museum opened to the public in 18th May 1979 and has been classified as a Property of Public Interest since 1936.
Lisbon Museum (where the welcome reception will be held)
How to get to the venue
From other parts of the city
If you are already in Lisbon, we recommend using public transportation, considering the following options:
- Metro: Metro operator; Campo Grande (green line or yellow line) and Cidade Universitária (yellow line) are the nearest stations + a 5 minute walk to the venue. https://www.metrolisboa.pt/en/
- Bus: Carris or Rodoviária de Lisboa operators; several bus lines stops in the surroundings, check lines and routes from your location. http://www.carris.pt, https://www.rodoviariadelisboa.pt
- Train: CP operator; Entrecampos station is the nearest station + a 20 minute walk to the venue. https://www.cp.pt
- Bike hire: GIRA operator; several bike stations throughout the city. https://www.gira-bicicletasdelisboa.pt
- Taxi/private transport companies
From Lisbon international airport (Humberto Delgado Airport)
- Metro: Get on at the Aeroporto station (red line – direction to São Sebastião station), change at Alameda station (green line – direction to Telheiras station) and get out at Campo Grande station (~30 min) + a 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Bus (only for travellers without large luggage): take the Carris bus line 783 (direction Amoreiras (C. Comercial)) at Avenida de Berlim (near airport arrivals) and leave at Avenida do Brasil in Campo Grande (~15-20 minute) + 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Taxi/private transport companies (~15-20 minutes).
From Estação (Gare) do Oriente train/bus station
- Metro: Go down to Metro Oriente station (red line – direction to São Sebastião station), change at Baixa-Chiado station (green line – direction to Telheiras station) and get out at Campo Grande station (~25 minutes) + 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Bus (only for travellers without large luggage): take the Carris bus line 750 (direction Algés) at Estação do Oriente and leave at Campo Grande Norte (~25-30 minute) + 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Taxi/private transport companies (~15-25 minutes).
From Santa Apolónia train station
- Metro: Go down to Metro Santa Apolónia station (blue line – direction to Reboleira station), change at Baixa-Chiado station (green line – direction to Telheiras station) and get out in Campo Grande station (~25 minutes) + 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Bus (only for travellers without large luggage): take the Carris bus line 735 (direction Hospital de Santa Maria) at Estação de Santa Apolónia and leave at Avenida do Brasil/Campo Grande (~40-50 minutes) + 5 minute walk to the venue,
- Taxi/private transport companies (~15-30 minutes).
The best ways to enter Lisbon are via the highways A1 and A2. Then take the 2ª Circular to Campo Grande/Cidade Universitária. There are public pay-and-display car parks nearby.
Please check the maps below for directions from the nearest metro stations to the main venue (Caleidoscópio Academic Center) and to the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
Public transportation operators card
In a subway station, at a vending machine or at the ticket office, buy a VIVA travel card. Different types of tickets are available for occasional journeys (Carris/Metro ticket, 24-hour ticket, zapping) and the card can be used for several public transports/members operators. Please check these and other information, including fares, at: